Last Updated: October 28th, 2010
The following privacy notice applies to this website and any sites which are operated by CH Media, LLC (collectively, the “Websites”). We may change or update this policy from time to time, and we will notify you of any changes by changing the “last updated” notice set forth above. Accordingly, you should frequently visit this web page. Any updated policy shall be effective immediately after it is posted.
Information we may collect
We may collect information that can identify you (“personal information”), such as your name and email address, (i) when you (or other users) provide it to us when using our website or in some other manner, or (ii) from other CH Media, LLC businesses, from our business partners, and from other third parties. We may combine the personal information that we receive from different sources.
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit our website:
- Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends.
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your online experience.
- We may use standard Internet tools which collect information that tracks your use of our website and enables us to customize our services and advertisements.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13. Should we ever do so, we will comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act.
Content Uploaded to Site
Any personal information or picture content that you voluntarily disclose online becomes publicly available and you acknowledge that third parties may access, collect and use such content.
Information others may collect
We may allow third-party advertising companies or ad networks to display advertisements on our websites.
- We do not provide any personal information to these companies.
- These companies may use tracking tools, such as cookies, to collect information about computers used to view or interact with their advertisements.
- Some of these companies may be members of the Network Advertising Intiative, which offers consumers the ability to opt out of ad targeting by all member companies.
If you post information about yourself or others, or communicate with others using our website, please note that we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with the information you provide. We encourage you to use caution in posting personal information.
- Personalized Features. If you submit personally identifiable information to us through the Websites, we may use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of the Websites, as well as provide special personalized features to you.
- Other Users. Certain information may be displayed to other users when you upload pictures or send messages through the Websites and other users can contact you through messages and comments. Any pictures that you submit to the Websites may be redistributed through the Internet and other media channels, and may be viewed by the general public.
- Use of Email for Administrative Purposes. We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as for customer service purposes).
- Usage Trends; Optimization and Functionality. We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous user usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type, clickstream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of the Websites and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing user preferences and trends.
Information we may share
- Service providers, such as credit-card payment processors, performing services on our behalf;
- Other CH Media, LLC businesses;
- Other businesses with which we partner or which we carefully select to offer you products, services, and promotions through our website or offline; and
- Other third parties in limited circumstances, such as complying with legal requirements, preventing fraud, and protecting the safety of our users.
We may share aggregated, non-personal information in any of the above situations and also with advertisers and others.
Cookies and IP Logs
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although that may result in your inability to obtain certain services or use certain features of our website;
- To stop receiving promotional emails or newsletters from us by sending an email to the contact address at the bottom of this policy or by using our contact page;
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do so, some of the features or services of our website may not function properly;
- To review and update your personal information by contacting us at the email address below or, if you have an online account on our website, by logging into that account.
How to contact us
CH Media, LLC
3616 Far West Blvd Ste 117112
Austin, TX 78731